As Meghan who set the challenge quoted
“Books and doors are the same thing. You open them, and you go through into another world.”
1. To start with I have picked possibly the most famous door in the UK. I can not think of a more widely known / pictured one? It is number 10 Downing Street. I have it on the cover of a book called the Goldfish Bowl by the former prime minister’s wife; Cherie Booth as well as Cate Haste. They interviewed other spouses and children of former prime minister’s to give a glimpse into personal life in Downing Street.
2. From one famous doorway to another… what other famous doors can you think of? I think Monica’s door in Friends with the frame is fairly iconic! Technically my Friends book Still Friends by Saul Austerlitz only has the grave on it not the door.
3. From one purple door to another… There is a purple door on my cover of Rachel’s holiday. Which I bought and read last year in order to try a Marian Keyes. Not subsequently read more but for light reading would consider one again.
4. This is a lift doorway. An open lift doorway showing blood inside the lift. The lift is the Escape Room of the book’s title. A book by Megan Goldin. Not the typical Escape Room that do as a voluntary fun activity! Hence the blood!
5. The only book on this list that I have not yet read. A Penny Vincenzi; A question of time. Another author good for light reading!