This week’s challenge set by http://meeghanreads.comwas to find 5 books with creatures on the cover. I will start the list with books with an actual animal on then finish with a couple of more fantastical ‘creatures’.
- What could be more standard than a dog? The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon.
- Then on a farm a pig is pretty standard fare. Kiss Kiss is a book of short stories for adults by popular children’s author Roald Dahl.
- Slightly more unusual are badgers. Definitely don’t usually get them in the basement as per the title of Badger in the Basement. The book is from a series of alliterative titled children books by Lucy Daniels.
- So I think Dracula can not be described as truly as human so creature seems fitting for him. Dracula is by Bram Stoker; I struggled to engage with it.
- Similar to Dracula ‘creature’ seems a fitting description for the being on the front of the Whitby Child by Robin Jarvis.