During March Meeghan has got us thinking about children’s book. This week is a free week on this theme, my top 5 list is 5 books I want my children to have. I do not have children yet but would like some little bookworms. In preparation I have already bought a box set of books of Roald Dahl books for children as I loved (love) his children books. Also loved his autobiographies; Boy and Going Solo and his short stories for adults.
My list of books to share with younger children:
1. As I like flamingos 🦩 a flamingo book such as ‘That is not my flamingo’ or Felipe the flamingo.
2. Postman Pat by John Comcliffe as it features a special place to me of the Lake District.
3. Peepo by Janet and Allan Ahlberg. My Mum likes this children’s book. It has lovely rhymes and illustrations.
Each page gives a different glimpse of a baby’s day, as the adults in his world go about their obscure yet urgent tasks. The initial view of each full-page illustration is through a peep-hole in the centre of the page. A rhyming text describes the picture, and asks “what does he see?”
4. Santa is coming to Sheffield is a book I have already bought for two families as it features the city I live in.
5. The Very Hungry caterpillar 🐛 by Eric Carle. This book has beautiful illustrations. It is educational as lots of counting and it teaches about how caterpillars 🐛 turn into butterflies 🦋
What books do you like passing on to children or reading with them?