There has not been as many as there would have been a normal year but I have managed to get to a lot of my favourites.
1. I left a job at the end of December so I had a leaving do at the end of January when everyone had been paid again in order to avoid my leaving merging in with Christmas. Originally I wanted to try Monki on Ecclesall Road which looks very pretty with fairy lights and swing chairs but they could not fit the numbers in, therefore this is still on my list to try. Instead for my leaving do event to the Moroccan restaurant Otto’s on Sharrow vale road. Desert was amazing as always.
2. Post storm ☔️Chiarra Wadsley Jack I sat soaking wet warming up with Bradfield beer 🍺 and a tasty Sunday dinner.
3. The next storm was storm Dennis. My parents had planned to come over on Saturday and go tot Bistro Pierre but due to Storm Denis they did not. Bistro Pierre has possibly been my favourite restaurant in Sheffield, now I will never go again as it is permanently closed due to financial issues.
Instead on the Sunday we went to Cubanas for tapas.
4. Just before lockdown I discovered a new restaurant that I wanted to return to. It is called Five Rivers. It is lit with colourful lanterns and you sit on cushions on the floor with low tables.
Long gap with no restaurants …
Mind the gap….
… of course due to lockdown.
4. My first post lockdown meal was lunch at the Park pub with my parents.
5. Next went to Browns for a friend’s 40th.
6. I have eaten at one of my favourite city centre restaurants Aagragh’s a couple of times. The first time was during Eat out to help out and the government paid 50% of the meal. The second time Aagraahs themselves kindly gave a 40% discount on food.
7. Another of my favourite city centre restaurants is the Botanist. It has lots of plants and band stands. I went with a friend for a catch up in September. We ate sharing boards of lots of tasty treats.
8. Another of my city centre favourites is Bills. I went for a catch up with a friend in October. I had gorgeous salmon and we treated ourselves to extravagant deserts.
9. Another of my city centre favourite is Piccolos which is a small Italian. I had beef stroganoff at a catch up in October with a friend.