I have combined 3week top 5 Tuesday topics from https://meeghanreads.com/top-5-tuesday-october-2020-topics/ into one set of 5. As you will see from the Halloween 🎃 alliterative poem I’m publishing on Saturday (Halloween 🎃), I’m not that keen on Halloween. Similarly I do not tend to read many spooky books.
1. The Broken Girls. by Simone st James. This book is creepy centred around a present day murder and features ghosts.
2. The woman in black by Susan Hill. I actually preferred either film or theatre to the book. But it has ghostly / creepy tones.
3. The Witches 🧙♀️ by Roald Dahl. This has just been remade into a film. I remember reading it and seeing the original film as a child and certainly then those witches 🧙♀️ were creepy!
4. Running out of inspiration! I will pick a recent book called The Chain by Adrian Mckinity. Given the chain refers to a child being kidnapped then their parents have to pay a ransom and kidnap another child for their child to be freed then I think that counts as a creep concept.
5. Really scraping the barrel! Going with Dracula 🧛♂️ although did not enjoy it that much and skimmed read some of it, when I read it October a couple of years ago for Victober.