The challenge set by
was to define what would merit a 5 star 🌟 review.
I do not give books, films, plays etc numerical scores. So instead this is why I do not give books scores.
It is debatable whether it is my scientific or creative side which makes me against marks out of 10.
1. I don’t do goodreads or anything similar.
2. I was maybe about 8 – 10 years old when I stopped doing rating out of 10. My parents used to ask for ratings out of 10 for days out. I can not remember 3’exact age I was or where we had been but I can remember being in car and saying I was not doing marks out of 10 anymore.
3. My scientific side would not mind the concept so much if there was a solid rating system, like the pH scale. If a 5 meant something specific.
4. My creative side does not want to just reduce a book to a number; I want to explain at greater length about the book.
5. I think is so subjective and I’m not sure I can be objective ( see 3.) It is not just about how good a book, film, play etc is. It is also what kind of mood you are in. Where you are reading like does reading in Sun make a book better?