Santa has given me some money to buy a new winter coat as the zip on my current one keeps splitting from the bottom; like it did last year despite zip being replaced between winters. One zip is split it in is then fiddly to pull it down to get cost off or do it up properly. This is what I will be looking for:
- Despite zip issues, think zip is best as with buttons cold air can get in the gaps between buttons.
- Zip that goes up neck as current coat zip stops just before neck and would like higher for warmth.
- A hood as walk a lot so essential when rains. Possibly designed so it does not flop around face; maybe with elastic in to tighten.
- Deep pockets for keys 🔑, gloves 🧤 etc… so they do not fall out.
- Not too short so keeps me warm.
- Not sure of colour. Probably something more exciting than black.
Anything else I should bear in mind?