This play really spoke to me! It was about a girl coming home from her Dad’s on a Sunday feeling awful; sleep deprived and coming down from a sugar high (hungover). Then in a that state having to deal with her Mum all the questions:
- Have you done your homework?, bet your Father did not think about it.
- Where is your school tie?
- What day is PE this week?
- Did you meet anyone with your Father?
- What did your Father feed you.
- What time did you go to bed………………
I have been there many times on a Sunday. I now know my Mum meant well, but those Sunday evenings, it felt like I was being tortured by interrogation! I also remember, how much fun Dad and I used to have on our Dad / daughter weekends and there are precious bonding memories that are priceless to me. Therefore the daughter’s dilemma in this play really spoke to me. The play is funny, emotional and there is a fantastic twist at the end…. it is on every day apart from tomorrow (Sunday) at 6pm, I highly recommend watching it!
I was lucky enough to see this for free because I’m working for the box office that sells tickets to this; however this is my honest review.