There are 850,000 people with dementia in the UK, with numbers set to rise to over 1 million by 2025. This will soar to 2 million by 2051.
- Memory loss
- Difficulty concentrating and planning for example following recipes.
- Communication problems such as struggling to find right words and difficulty interpreted what is being said.
- Confusion regarding times and places.
- Visual and spatial awareness causing problems like feeling unsteady walking and difficulties parking.
- Mood changes like being emotional, apathy (loss of interest) and lowered self confidence.