Many good elements for this interpretation from Northern Theatre group.
- A sterling cast selected for their ability.
- Frankstein presence was rather minimal, not sure whether that was to suggest he could be a figament of imagination. Some of Frankenstein dialogue was hard to decipher therefore minimal presence was not issue.
- Some good dialogue in scenes with other characters.
- A metallic background helped to create a eerie feeling.
- To paraphrase a line that got a titter from the audience for it’s topical nature “Europe is rather annoyed at the moment, annoyed at itself”
The elements did not quite come together to be something outstanding but it was highly watchable.