Starting with what still makes me smile most.
1. Seeing Scunthorpe score 6 on Easter Monday and concede none which was more than the rest of league 1, put together scored that afternoon. So grateful to see that after not expecting to, having started the day in Berlin. But thanks to a shortcut by EasyJet piolet and speeding through passport control, I was there!
2. Rosberg winning championship.
3. Supporting Belgium 🇧🇪 in Euros.
4. Leicester winning premier league – after so few teams have achieved that.
5. Beating Sheffield United on the last day of a season, due to other results, not going our way it was not enough to go into play offs but at least we did our part and had a exciting rollercoaster afternoon. It was a match had been looking forward to, for a longtime as it wa my nephew’s first away match. But it was only a week before we suddenly had chance of a play off position after taking the whole season to crawl that far up the table from the relegation zone at the beginning of the season. The potintial of a trip to Wembley meant we were joined by 3000 Scunthorpe fans at Bramall lane, creating a fantastic atmosphere. The first cheering was for Wigan’s goal in the first 5 minutes that put us in 6th place (final playoff position). Barnsley equalizer sending us back to 7th. Then cheering our first goal, which put us back in 6th. Then Barnsley scoring twice more. Then our second goal meaning we had another 3 to score or Wignan needed to score 2 to get us back to 6th.. Then Barnsley fourth goal which sealed us in 7th place.